baked salmon in curry
My baked salmon in 8 minutes, seasoned in green curry paste and baked in a thick coconut creme.Not feeling very well today and spent the whole morning at the tennis courts. Sun burnt and don’t feel like cooking. Then, I saw my friend, Thomas
‘s post about baking salmon. O, I might go do that, too.
Semi-thawed my fish (which I sliced to about 50g each and stored, so they thaw quickly), made the salad and cooked the rice. Seasoned the fish with Thai green curry, and then pan-fried the skin side till light brown (my fish is still raw on the inside and bigger pieces are still frozen).Throw everything into a transparent plate (like Thomas’s) and then some coconut creme with a bit more green curry paste. (which is just nice, because I can now throw out the empty can of curry paste).Baked for 8 minutes. Yum! Fulfills that cook-within-30- minutes’ rule for the whole meal. Thank God for these curry pastes in times like these… who wants to grind spices and clean up today? Fish is medium rare and still moist on the inside, charred and crispy on the skin side.Nothing like a new invention. Hehehe… Thank you for the inspiration, Thomas!
5 x 50g Salmon filet (skin-on)
1 tablespoon Green curry paste (the kind that you need to just add meat, veggies and coconut cream)
1/2 cup Coconut creme
2 tablespoon Peanut or Sunflower Oil
- Preheat an oven with grill at 240ºC.
- Season salmon with half the green curry paste and set aside (you do not need to season fish beforehand).
- Heat up the oil in a pan, and fry the salmon, skin side down, for about 1 minute or until skin is caramelized.
- Place fish on a heat-proof dish.
- Stir the remaining curry paste into the coconut creme, and pour that into the dish.
- Bake for 8 minutes on a high shelf. (my fish is still a bit frozen when I put it into the oven, so when this is done, the fish is still medium rare)
- Serve immediately with rice and a vegetable dish.
Experiment with all sorts of curries, use any curry paste off the shelf that requires coconut. They will all work well.