5 x 50g Salmon filet (skin-on)
1 tablespoon Green curry paste (the kind that you need to just add meat, veggies and coconut cream)
1/2 cup Coconut creme
2 tablespoon Peanut or Sunflower Oil
- Preheat an oven with grill at 240ºC.
- Season salmon with half the green curry paste and set aside (you do not need to season fish beforehand).
- Heat up the oil in a pan, and fry the salmon, skin side down, for about 1 minute or until skin is caramelized.
- Place fish on a heat-proof dish.
- Stir the remaining curry paste into the coconut creme, and pour that into the dish.
- Bake for 8 minutes on a high shelf. (my fish is still a bit frozen when I put it into the oven, so when this is done, the fish is still medium rare)
- Serve immediately with rice and a vegetable dish.
Experiment with all sorts of curries, use any curry paste off the shelf that requires coconut. They will all work well.