This is a staple breakfast for Singaporeans. In the mornings, the soya bean hawkers will boil their soya bean milk and transport that to their stalls when I was young. My neighbour is one such hawker.
This neighbour always reminds me of pandan leaves, because they grew a lot of the plants in the garden. Every time my mom needed pandan leaves, I would have to knock on their doors. Sometimes, they will get really angry because they were sleeping when I knocked.
To make this soya bean curd, you will need to make the soya bean milk first. Click here.
- 1 liter soya bean milk hot
- 22 g bean curd coagulant
- 90 mil water at room temperature
- First, make the soya bean milk. If you have soya bean milk, that's good, otherwise, follow my link here to make.
- Mix the water and the coagulant.
- Pour the milk into the coagulant mixture from a height of 50cm.
- Do not disturb the bean curd for at least half an hour to let it set.
- Serve with sugar syrup, ginko nuts, glutinous rice dumplings etc.