My son said to make a curry to go with the tandoori and nasi bryani. I looked around the kitchen and the only vegetable I have left that can be made into a curry is a head of cauliflower. So here goes.
1/2 head cauliflower florets, cut into 1.5 cm x 1.5 cm (thereabout)
1 medium potato, diced 1 cm
5 cloves of garlic
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 medium tomato, diced 1 cm
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp guram masala
1/3 cup yogurt
1 tsp chicken powder
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp oil or ghee
- Put the oil or ghee into a medium hot pot and fry the garlic and onions to light brown.
- Add the cumin, coriander, guram masala, and chicken powder and stir through.
- Add the potatoes and then the cauliflower. Stir through.
- Add the water and cover the pot. When the potatoes is about to be cooked, open the lid and let the water evaporate.
- Season to taste.
- Scoop up, and top with yogurt and then stir through.