These chicken pies are easy to make. You can either make your own puff pastry or use store bought ones.
2 sheets of if making yourself, one portion from my recipe
1 egg for egg wash
2 Tbsp Green peas
1 Tbsp diced carrots
1 Tbsp Corn
1 Tbsp chopped onions
1/2 chicken breast, diced
1 tsp chicken bullion powder
1 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup water
- Put the butter over medium fire, and sear the chicken and onions. Remove the chicken and onion.
- Add flour make it into a roux.
- Add the water and bullion powder, still quickly to form a white sauce.
- Add the vegetables and chicken, turn off the fire when everything is cooked.
- Roll out puff pastry into 3 mm. Cut into circles. Sandwich the filing between two circles, and use a fork to seal.
- Egg wash and then bake on a medium to low shelf at 190C for 25 minutes. If it starts to burn, lower the temperature to 150C and continue baking. The layers in between has to dry up, and the bottom of the pie must be at least 2/3 golden brown.