This dish is so easy to prepare, does not need you to boil and boil a prawn stock or save up prawn heads, but it tastes so good, I have never failed to get good comments from every single person who has tasted it.
The most valuable thing about this claypot prawn noodle is that it takes about 5 minutes to prepare. That’s probably how much time we take to make instant noodles, but tastes ten times better and probably a hundred times healthier. You can use instant noodles, or fresh noodles or frozen noodles and even home made noodles. I have tried it on every kind of alkaline or egg noodle or yellow noodle.
300g Hokkien noodles or ramen or instant noodles
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp Chinese rice wine
1 Tbsp Oil
3-5 Medium Tiger Prawns (Shelled leaving heads and tail on)
Handful of green vegetables
1 Tbsp Soya Sauce
1 tsp Dark Soya Sauce
1 tsp Corn Flour
1/2 tsp Sugar
2 cups of water (or prawn head stock)
Deep fried shallots
Chilies in black sauce
Sliced Fish cake
Sliced boiled pork filet
- In a pot, add oil and garlic.
- When the garlic sizzles and has turned golden brown, quickly pour in the Chinese wine.
- Add the prawns and when the prawns have turned pink, add the noodles.
- Stir through and then add the sauce mixture.
- When the sauce boils and noodle is al dente, serve immediately with any green vegetables.