These are the easiest things to make when you just don’t have time for cooking, or don’t feel like having anything heavy. I have tried many different kinds of sauces before, and put together a few myself. However, the best advice came from my secondary school classmate and very good friend.
Yn Shu brought her version of the cold tofu to our class gathering in my house about 5 years ago. She imparted her knowledge on the tofu sauce, said to just add equal portions of soya sauce and kecap manis. I altered it slightly. The sauce in this recipe is really great and my kids can eat a whole tofu each.
Enjoy! These take just a few minutes to put together!
Yn Shu's Cold Tofu with Toppings
- 1 block of Tofu meant to be eaten cold
- 1 Tablespoon Kechap manis
- 1/2 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Hot water
Toppings (choice of any combinations!)
- Coriander leaves
- Spring onions
- Cut red chillies
- Fried shallots
- Century eggs
- Pork floss
- Sea weed
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce.
- Cut the tofu in cubes, 1 cm x 1cm x 1cm.
- Place the toppings on the tofu and drizzle sauce over the dish.
- Serve immediately with steamed white rice.