These cookies melt in your mouth and are simply wonderful! I first baked them when I was a teen, and could never forget the taste. I found this recipe again, and now I bake them once in a while.
250g unsalted butter
155g icing sugar - sifted
250g plain flour - sifted
155g custard powder - sifted
1 egg - beaten
- Put the butter and icing sugar in the mixer and cream until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, and when emulsified, add the flour and custard powder.
- Mix less than 1 minute, just enough for the dough to come together. Do not overmix.
- Shape them into 1/2 teaspoon round balls.
- Coat with sugar.
- Press each ball with a fork.
- Bake at 180C for 15 minutes.
- Cookie is very light in color and melts in the mouth.