Grew up eating these. So much easier these days to make them over electrical ones. We used to stoop near the charcoal and turn the mould until they are baked. Then, that rolling it up always make my fingers so sore.
I’ve since decided electric ones will be for me, until I finally find more time to do otherwise. All for the rolling, since I couldn’t find a suitable dowel anyway. Folding makes it easier to store, as I don’t have such large containers.
125g plain flour
125g tapioca flour
425g Coconut creme (I used santan brand)
2 egg yolks
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp salt
1/2 vanilla essence
1/4 cup water
- Put everything except the water into a blender and blend.
- Check if you need the batter a bit runnier. If so, add the water a little at a time. (I used only 50ml)
- Heat up the mould (I used an electric one)
- Place 3/4 tbsp of batter on each mould.
- Close and press a little to spread the batter.
- Open and check after a minute or two.
- Remove and shape when it is still very hot.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store once it is cooled. This one becomes soft very fast.