For one 19cm n one 17cm pan
8 egg yolks
53g castor sugar
60g canola oil
200g mango yogurt
160g cake flour
Pinch of salt
8 egg whites
1/2tsp cream of tartar /lemon juice
80g castor sugar
- Preheat oven at 170C
- 1) Use balloon whisk beat yolks with sugar till lighter color
- 2) Add oil > beat till combined
- 3) Add sifted salt n flour n mix till combined n estate aside
- 4) Use stand mixer to beat egg whites till foamy
- 5) With mixer on add cream of tartar n beat 1min
- 6) With mixer on gradually add sugar till finished, continue to beat at middle speed till almost stiff peak.
- 7) Tap mixing bowl on kitchen top few times, pour into prepared pans>use skewer to swirl around batter to further reduce air bubbles
- 8) Bake for 40 - 45mins or until skewer comes out clean.
- 9) When out of oven drop pans at a 20cm height to release hot steam b4 inverting on cooling rack to cool completely. Done.
- Note: I took out the 17cm at 40mins n continued to bake the 19cm fir another 5mins.
- Cover loosely if top brows too fast.
- U may wish to make necessary time or temperature adjustment after 30mins of bake as every oven is different ?