First, I made a plate of chicken rice for myself, using breast meat. Something I’d never do if I buy chicken rice from any store, even the most famous ones. The texture is terrible. But this one… the texture is silky and really melt-in-the-mouth.
Second, instead of just chopping up the rest of the chicken, I made a nice salad out of it, which is the next level nice.
Third, I poured some rice and lots of water and salt into the rice cooker and made porridge. So we have some chicken porridge.
I am so happy with this experiment that yielded great results and good productivity.
Rice Cooker Chicken Rice
- Instant Pot
- 1 chicken Choose any size, preferably yellow skin kind
- A lot of salt
- 2 cups rice
- Some red chilies sliced thinly any kind you like
- some fried shallots
- Some coriander
- Some scallions
Ginger Garlic sauce
- 1/2 thumb size ginger sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- A pinch salt
- Some sliced red chilies
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp crushed szechuan pepper
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp black vinegar
Equipment (one of these)
- 1 Rice Cooker Cook chicken on 'Rice' setting twice
- 1 Instant Pot https://amzn.to/2V2ROTw
- 1 High Powered Rice Cooker This cooks the best
- Rub chicken generously with salt inside and outside, and leave for at least 2 hours. (I leave it overnight)
- Rinse away the salt quickly (never soak).
- Dry the chicken and put it into the rice cooker.
- Set the cooker at quick cook. If your rice cooker has a small power (below 1000W, then cook twice)
- When done, take the chicken out immediate and leave it to cool at room temperature. Don't wash away the chicken stock in there!
Prepare ginger garlic sauce
- Use a mortar or grinder and mix all the ingredients together.
- Add a tablespoon of chicken stock that is left in the rice cooker pot.
Cook chicken rice
- Into the rice cooker, add the washed rice.
- Fill it up with water and set to cook.
Make the salad
- Just combine everything!