This sauce for this dish is so easy to make, I use it for almost everything I want to make ‘Japanese’.
Pour it over any salad, it tastes Japanese. Add some ginger to it, it becomes another sauce. Pour that over sashimi, you get carpaccio, pour that over a bed of chasoba, you get nice bowl of cold soba. Cook it with chicken or fish or anything and let it thicken. You get teriyaki anything. Add it to a pot of dashi stock, I get my hot udon, soba sauce. Add it to a pot of pork bones stock, I get my ramen soup.
This is my go-to sauce for everything I want to make Japanese.
Sesame Ginger Salmon
- As much as you like Sliced sashimi-grade Salmon
- Some sliced red onion
- 1 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sugar (any kind!) Adjust per your own taste
- 3 Tbsp mirin
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp toasted Japanese/Korean sesame seeds
- 1 tsp scallions
- Slice the salmon and onions. Arrange on a plate.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together and pour over salmon