This is one of the frequent dishes my mother would cook for the family. I don’t know what this is officially called, except that I love this, and every family has a version of this. My daughters love squid as well, so when I get tired of cooking forever, I’ll just dish this up in 5 minutes. It is always a hit.
One of those dishes that need no skill, and the ingredients play up one another. Just ensure the produce is fresh and the cooking brief. This should not take more than 5 minutes to cook, or the squid will become rubbery.
Stir-fry Squid with Tomatoes
- 100 g Squid cleaned and cut into pieces
- 2 to matoes cut into wedges
- 1 big onion cut into thin rings
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 chili sliced
- 1 Tbsp oil
- In a pan, heat up the oil and fry the garlic till golden brown.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and once the squid is cooked (takes about 1 minute), dish out.
- Serve with plain rice.